[Dovecot] Outlook 2003 and Thunderbird IMAP + gettingnew headers

Jan van den Berg jan.vandenberg at isp.solcon.nl
Thu Sep 11 22:24:35 EEST 2008

Hi,

1.1rc3 also shows this behaviour; I actually upgraded to 1.1.3 to try and
solve this..

We had to revert back because of an internally developed IMAP webclient that
all of sudden couldn't show attachments anymore with 1.1.3. So we reverted
back: and all was fine. So that is more likely a application bug than a
Dovecot one (probably with Content-disposition: inline vs. attachment).
We're still investigating. But that is beside this point.

So as well 1.1rc3 as 1.1.3 has the problem of getting new headers randomly
(at least so it seems). It might be NFS related because after getting new
headers for a folder I can see the dovecot.index files and uidlist are
recreated and a couple .nfs* files are in the dir....
However I can't explain it (all NFS related Dovecot optimizations are on).

Cheers,

Jan