[Dovecot] Questions about using sieve

Robin Atwood robin at binro.org
Sat Sep 13 08:37:54 EEST 2008

I am trying to filter my imap mail sent to my phone by using sieve. Currently
everything is set up and works well using mbox and sendmail as the lda. I
have re-installed dovecot with sieve included and updated dovecot.conf, which
gives

# dovecot -n
# 1.1.3: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
ssl_cert_file: /etc/ssl/dovecot/server.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/ssl/dovecot/server.key
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location: mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam
    args: *
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

and I have added "mail_plugins = cmusieve" to protocol lda{}. I then created
a ".dovecot.sieve" script but am not sure where to place it. I tried ~/ and
~/.imap but it never seems to get compiled. Dovecot is running as a root
service so it should have access. Setting mail_debug=yes produces no clues,
so what should I be looking at?

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.