[Dovecot] iphone connection problem

dovecot at feb17.org dovecot at feb17.org
Wed Sep 17 08:58:59 EEST 2008

All sage advice.  I've gone back to basics, and installed the root CA
on the phone via safari rather than email (apple's mobile config package).
I discovered just now to my horror after some frustration that one logging option wasn't working
that my binary is picking up a different config file ;(  so I need to go
back and go through the differences now and see what I was actually running.
Hopefully this will clean things up.  I think your point#3 is the most useful ;)
I'm mainly doing this b/c it was the dovecot default and I like security but
for this much aggravation I probably don't need it.  I was running without client
certs for mail retrieval happily for a long time,

Darren