[Dovecot] rejecting mail due to quota exceeded

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Sep 17 11:55:16 EEST 2008

Hi,

we are using dovecot's deliver to deliver mails to a virtual mailbox
tree owned by the vmail user, by piping the message to the following
command spawned by vmail:

  /usr/bin/env HOME=/srv/vmail/mydomain.ch/myaccount /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver

When a message is delivered to an account that has reached its
quotum, deliver issues a failure message saying: