[Dovecot] Converting from MBOX to Maildir broke procmail and Spamassasin and halted incoming mail

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Sep 17 23:04:57 EEST 2008

on 9-17-2008 12:52 PM Dan Roberts spake the following:
> Hi Scott -
>
> How would I tell?   I built the box from scratch and set up CentOS Linux
> 5 up on it - over one year, probably not more than three.
>
> I had been running with a RedHat system prior to that - and I may well
> have copied the procmailrc settings from that -- don't actually
> recall.   But Dovecot, Procmail and Spamassasin all came up fresh with
> the install of CentOS.

Everything should be new enough to work.
I can't help you with the procmail recipe as I do all my spam and virus
scanning with MailScanner. All done before the LDA.

Your setting of DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/ should have worked unless either the
Maildir directory in the users home was not there or not accessible due to
permissions.

The link to the procmail page might nudge you in the right direction.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and