[Dovecot] lately pop3 with #define DEBUG needs GDB=1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 18 00:10:58 EEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 22:39 +0200, Diego Liziero wrote:
> I'm not sure when this happened.
>
> In yesterday dovecot-1.1 hg if pop3 is compiled with DEBUG defined, it
> needs GDB=1 otherwise it ends with:
> Panic: Leaked file fd 4: dev 104.2 inode 3342766
>
> Not sure if this can be caused by the fact that I call pop3 with a bash script.
>
> protocol pop3 {
>     mail_executable = /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3.sh
>
> inside I've something like
> if [ x`id -un` = "xmyuser" -o x`id -un` = "xtestdovecot" ]
> then
> exec /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3-new-test-release
> else
> exec /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3

I think it's pretty likely because of the bash script, especially if
imap is working. You could verify by figuring out what the device 104.2
is and what file that inode refers to. Two ways:

a) make the pop3 process sleep at startup so you can do ls
-l /proc/pid/fd/4

b) guess by stating different files :)