[Dovecot] Mailbox consistency with multiple clients

Yates Ian Mr (ITCS) I.Yates at uea.ac.uk
Thu Sep 18 14:06:47 EEST 2008

There's a mix of the following:
	Outlook
	Outlook express
	Thunderbird
	Squirrelmail (webmail)

But we tried getting the users sharing the account to use just one
client (squirrelmail) and they were still reporting the problem?!

I forgot to say that they were working this way with no problems on
dovecot 1.0.2 but since the migration to 1.1.3 we've had this problem.

In an effort to help the situation I changed the following settings from
the original, from enabling lazy writes to disabling:
mbox_dirty_syncs: no
mbox_lazy_writes: no