[Dovecot] sieve discard

Jim Horner jhorner at arinbe.com
Fri Sep 19 02:01:51 EEST 2008

> July 23, 2007, Jim Horner wrote:

wow a year ago...

> I remember it was fixed in 1.0.3 but I've got dovecot-sieve-1.1.5_1 and

I'm still using the 1.0 series. But your sieve script looks fine to me. I
usually use

if anyof (
    address :contains ["to", "cc"] ["blah at foo.com"],
    address :contains ["to", "cc"] ["blahblah at foo.com"]
) {
    discard;
    stop;
}

I seem to think I have encountered a similar problem where the Bcc header
never exists so people who BCC'd, in your case webmaster, never got caught.
This is easily tested. Anyway, I think I ended up creating a user, called
webmaster and had a sieve script in webmaster's home directory forward
everything to jhorner+webmaster.  That way I could catch everything. Or I
pushed it further upstream to postfix and made webmaster an alias which
forwards to jhorner+webmaster, either way.

There are a lot of smart people on this list. Hopefully one will provide an
answer a bit more useful.

Jim