[Dovecot] Adding new password schemes?

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Mon Sep 22 05:52:44 EEST 2008

Hi, all.

I was curious how difficult it would be to add a new password scheme to
Dovecot?  I have to transplant mailboxes from one machine to another,
the older machine running Post.Office from now-defunct Software.Com,
which was bought by OpenWave, then discontinued.  Apparently, Netscape's
mailserver offering from the day also supports this scheme.  There's
code out there that was incorporated into OpenLDAP a while back which
can read this scheme, but I need to use MySQL as a source for this.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

--Ian.

--
Ian R. Justman
UNIX hacker.  Anime fan.  Any questions?