[Dovecot] cyrus2courrier mass migration

Mathieu Kretchner mathieu.kretchner at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Sep 23 13:59:44 EEST 2008

Holger Weiss a écrit :
> * Mathieu Kretchner <mathieu.kretchner at sophia.inria.fr> [2008-09-22 16:11]:
>> I would like to do a conversion of my imap accounts (and keep all theirs
>> characteristics) from cyrus-imapd-2.2.12 in cyrus format to dovecot
>> 1.1.3 in courrier format.
>>
>> I've tried those 3 tools :
>>
>> cyrus2courrier.1.5.ts
>> cyrus2courier-1.3z4
>> imapsync (works well but very slow and should not be a true solution)
>>
>> But nothing is working to keep the seen/unseen flag (expect imapsync) !
>> I know my cyrus version is too "recent" but do you have any idea how
>> could I do this migration ?
>
> cyrus2courier 1.5.ts should work with Cyrus 2.2.12 if the seen (and
> subscription) states are available in flat text files; otherwise, they
> must first be converted using cvt_cyrusdb(8).

My last try has nothing good :

cyrus2courier-1.5-dev : segfault
cyrus2courier-1.5-ts : segfault

I don"t understand why ? But it's happening only with -e my_seen_dir option!

> However, for our conversion, we've written our own "cyrus2dovecot" which
> also supports skiplist databases (amongst another few features not
> provided by the other tools):
>
> 	http://cyrus2dovecot.sw.fu-berlin.de/

I've tried this one too and I'm stuck too :

[root at test testimap]# ./cyrus2dovecot -C /root/Mail/%u  -D dovecot-mail/
mketchn

cyrus2dovecot [mketchn]: (error) No Cyrus INBOX at: /root/Mail/mketchn

I've red the perl code and found this :

        if (-e "$boxpath/cyrus.header" and -e "$boxpath/cyrus.index") {
//code
        } else {
                #
                # The folder we're in is not in a Cyrus mailbox.
However, we
                # don't simply return here because this folder might contain
                # other folders which might be Cyrus mailboxes (unless
we're in
                # the INBOX, in which case something is going wrong).
                #
                error('No Cyrus INBOX at:', $boxpath) if $box eq 'INBOX';
                debug("Skipping $boxpath as it's not a Cyrus mailbox.");
                $mailfolder = 0;
        }

But I'm sure cyrus.header and cyrus.index exist.

Any idea (maybe this is a format problem because even cyrus2courier is
doing segfault)