[Dovecot] Exim+dovecot and quota check in exim's ACL before real message routing.

Anton warm at stack.ru
Fri Sep 26 12:08:16 EEST 2008

Good day.

I want to migrate from cyrus-imap to dovecot but I can not find replacement of one feauture presented in the
cyrus-imap. It is LMTP. All mail users are virtual and mail works like: username at real-domain.com ->
anotherusername at fake-domain.local. I whould like to check "delivery is possable" in the exim's ACL. In the
exim+cirus scheme I use Callout verification from exim to cyrus and if user's quota is exeeded callout
returns fail and exim does not take message for queueing.

Dovecot has no LMTP and I see no possability to do such callouts. I tried to turn on quotas in the dovecot.
Message was taken by the exim placed into exim's queue but cannot be delivered to dovecot with "local_delivery
transport output: Quota exceeded" and message stays in queue for a long time.

Is any possability to chech quota usage in the exim's ACL befor taking message body ?

--
Anton [WARM-RIPE]
Stack ltd division head