[Dovecot] Converting from MBOX to Maildir broke procmail and Spamassasin and halted incoming mail

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Sep 29 19:26:16 EEST 2008

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Dan Roberts wrote:

> It was quickly pointed out that my system was set up to use MBOX and not
> MAILDIR, and some helpful links and notes were sent back and forth
> giving me a good clue as to how to perform the conversion process.
>
> I did have success in getting my mail accounts converted from mbox to
> maildir, but then ran aground.
>
> I could see all of my existing mail and create new folders, but I could
> not see any of my incoming mail.

http://markmail.org/message/4wghlnywxuljwmnh - you will want to start
/etc/procmailrc with

DROPPRIVS=YES

My working /etc/procmailrc is as such:

paulproteus at rose:~ $ cat /etc/procmailrc
DROPPRIVS=YES
LOGFILE="${HOME}/procmail-log"
MAILDIR="${HOME}/Maildir"
DEFAULT="./"
paulproteus at rose:~ $

I should be using Dovecot Deliver but haven't still gotten around to it.

-- Asheesh.

--
If wishes were horses, then beggars would be thieves.