[Dovecot] quota warnings clarification

Ian B porjo38 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 30 08:02:20 EEST 2008

I spent a long while trying to get quota warnings working with v1.1.3 on Centos5 before almost giving up.

I configured everything as per the instructions on the Quota wiki page however no warning emails were being generated when I tested & no debug messages in the log to give any clues as to what I was doing wrong.

It turns out I wasn't doing anything wrong, but just misunderstanding at what point the warnings are generated. The warning email appears to only be generated when a message is moved from one folder to another. I was expecting the warning to be generated when the INBOX was simply opened & viewed!

Is this how it is supposed to work? If so, perhaps a note of clarification could be added to the wiki page?

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail