[Dovecot] Quota calculation problem with 1.2 beta 4

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Wed Apr 1 14:56:58 EEST 2009

* Wolfgang.Friebel at desy.de <Wolfgang.Friebel at desy.de>:

>> Hi Ralf, did they report so , or is it real,
>> sometimes users are failing with expunge options of their client

It's real. I checked the mailboxes and there were no messages marked
deleted.

> Along a similar line: with 1.2 beta 4 I had today a user who according to
> deliver was over quota:
>
> Apr  1 08:00:27 apollo dovecot: deliver(user1): sieve:
> msgid=<20090401060005.0821B1E82B0 at hostxxx>: failed to store into mailbox
> 'INBOX': Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)
>
> but the IMAP command reported correctly what I also found in the
> maildirsize file (in userdb the configured limit was 1000M, his actual
> INBOX size was below 600M):
>
> 1048576000S
> 557816894 10852

Yes, same here.
The values in maildirsize are OK and match up with "du -s" numbers BUT
imapd reports something different.

> With that config the quota for ALL users seems to be at 500M not taking
> into account userdb overrides.

Indeed. The users do have "speical" values in their maildirsize files

> Or is that the effect of a wrong configuration, e.g. quota =
> maildir:Quota should become quota = maildir:User Quota ?

Ugh. Dunno. Timo?
It used to work with 1.1.13!

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung       Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155