[Dovecot] Time moved backwards errors

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Apr 3 09:04:30 EEST 2009

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Noel Butler wrote:

> Why not just run ntpd and be done with it, ensure you start ntpd with
> "-g" option

If you are responding to me (it is hard to tell when you top post) I am
running ntpd. I still have the problem described below. I have never used the
-g option but the Red Hat init scripts call ntpdate at startup before ntpd
starts. In reading the man pg, it would appear that I should get the same
results as using the -g switch, since the -g switch only allows 1 large
adjustment of the system time.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com