[Dovecot] SSL

Sebastian Kayser sebastian at skayser.de
Sun Apr 5 18:57:36 EEST 2009

Hi Mohsen,

Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> I have installed qmail+dovecot+vpopmail.
> It work, Now i wanna enable ssl on dovecot.i have pop3 & imap on my
> dovocet.When i was reading SSL on wiki, i saw config of that i define 4
> CA file(2cert+2key), But i see 2 ca file in mkcert.(1cert+1key)
> It seem wiki or mkcert.sh is incomplete.

you only need one key and the related certificate, so you are fine with
the two files that mkcert.sh creates for you. Just set the ssl_key_file
and ssl_cert_file directives once in the global section of your
configuration.

What you _can_ do (and that's what the Wiki says) is to configure a
separate key/certificate pair for each daemon. One for the imap daemon
and a different one for the pop3 daemon and only then you would need 4
files (2 * (key + certificate)).

Sebastian