[Dovecot] Script to install dovecot 1.2 plus Managerootsieve to CentOS5.2

Bruce A. Mallett bam at NightStorm.com
Tue Apr 7 07:11:54 EEST 2009

I have no idea if this is of interest to anyone but it might save you
some work ..

I created a script that will install Dovecot 1.2-rc2 (currently) to a
CentOS5.2 installation complete with Stephan Bosch's Managesieve,
postfix, virtual users, LDAP, and LDAP personal address books.  Oh
right! .. and Squirrelmail plus various plugins (change LDAP password,
LDIF import, Avelsieve).  Also self-signed certificates are created from
data supplied in a configuration file.

I've stuck the required files here:
  http://www.nightstorm.com/~bam/CentOS5.2/

I did an install to a 32 bit CentOS so it has worked at least once on
that architecture.  It *should* work on a 64 bit as well (I provide the
RPM) but I've not personally tested it.

I am by no means an expert on any of this stuff (particularly the
security aspects), so I'd certainly welcome any suggestions for ways to
improve on the installation, the script, life, the universe, ...  ;-)

          - Bruce