[Dovecot] Is there any more detailed docs about dict configuration

Xueron Nee xueron at xueron.com
Tue Apr 7 11:38:12 EEST 2009

Hi,

I am looking for some help on dict configration. I'm trying to config
shared and public mailbox, and use sql as acl backend.

Here is my config:
table:
CREATE TABLE `shared_dict` (
  `id` int(10) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `from_user` char(50) NOT NULL,
  `to_user` char(50) NOT NULL,
  `status` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
  KEY `from_user` (`from_user`),
  KEY `to_user` (`to_user`)
)

dovecot-dict-sql.conf
map {
    pattern = shared/shared-boxes/user/$from/$to
    table   = shared_dict
    value_field = status
    fields {
        from_user = $from
        to_user   = $to
    }
}

dovecot.conf
acl_shared_dict = proxy::shared_dict

It works, and when i use 'setacl', it can add a record.

All I want are some more detailed docs about the `pattern' line, and
such as how to add a `group' function. :)

Detailed on quota/expire dict configration are welcome, too. :)

Thanks!

--
Xueron Nee
http://www.xueron.com