[Dovecot] Modified websieve for use with dovecot

Wolfgang.Friebel at desy.de Wolfgang.Friebel at desy.de
Tue Apr 7 16:30:10 EEST 2009

In order to let users construct a sieve filter using a GUI I have taken
websieve.pl from Alain Turbide (for use with Cyrus) and modified it to
work with dovecot.

In order to get it working quickly I have removed all the code I did not
need (e.g. ldap support, password authentication) and coded Kerberos5 auth
(via GSSAPI or SASL) in. I understand that this makes the work mostly
useless to others.

As however the dovecot adaptations were done by removing internally used
perl packages by ones on CPAN such as Mail::IMAPClient and
Net::Managesieve that part of the code should be of a broader interest.

If someone is interested to have a look or even wants to help make it
again a more universal tool I have put the code on

ftp://ftp-zeuthen.desy.de/pub/unix/mail/websieve.pl

Current status: I have tested the creation and modification of sieve
rules, inspecting and setting ACL's (dovecot 1.2), displaying quota and
creating folders. All the other code (e.g. the part that deals with an
administrative user) is untested and probably not compatible yet with the
new perl modules used.

--
Wolfgang Friebel                   Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone/Fax:  +49 33762 77372/216    Platanenallee 6