[Dovecot] Upgrade from 0.99.x to 1.1.x

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 7 18:50:52 EEST 2009

On Apr 7, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Wolfram Schlich wrote:

> Do I understand it correctly that when directly upgrading from
> 0.99 to 1.1, Dovecot does the subscriptions renaming but not the
> keywords renaming and conversion, but that when I manually rename
> all .customflags files to dovecot-keywords, it does the format
> conversion of that file automatically?

All 0.99 .customflags conversion code has been removed from v1.1. If
you want to make things easier, upgrade to v1.0 first. Or if you don't
actually use any IMAP keywords (find ~/Maildir -name '*:2,*[a-z]*'),
you might just as well delete the files.

> Is there anything else what's important to note for such an upgrade?
> The system is using Maildir as the mailbox format and only
> local storage (no NFS etc.).

Other than the keyword/subscription changes, there shouldn't be
problems.