[Dovecot] Global Sieve File

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Apr 7 23:12:48 EEST 2009

James Butler schreef:
> Thank you very much for your reply, Mr. Bosch. Still trying to iron it out.
>
>> If you are using the new Sieve implementation, you can use the new
>> multiscript feature. It is not explained on the wiki yet (I should give
>> the new Sieve its own page), but things are outlined in the
>> configuration section of the INSTALL file:
>
> I'm still getting permissions errors like when I wasn't using 'sieve_before':
>
> dovecot: deliver(user1): sieve: binary open(/dovecot/global.svbin) \
>   failed: Permission denied
> dovecot: deliver(user1): sieve: open(/dovecot/global.svbin.tmp) \
>   failed for binary save: Permission denied
> dovecot: deliver(user1): sieve: rename(/dovecot/global.before.svbin.tmp, \
>   /dovecot/global.before.svbin) failed for binary save: Permission denied
>
> A normal user (user1) doesn't have permission to do anything in the
> directory that stores the global.sieve/.svbin files, which is owned by
> dovecot:dovecot.
Well, the user1 doesn't need (and can't have) write permission to the
global sieve binaries, but it _must_ have read access to those. Could
you verify this? The first log line is the attempt to open (==read) the
binary, and that fails already with a permission error. The lines that
follow are the attempt to recompile the script and store a new binary
(Perhaps I should avoid recompilation when it is obvious that the binary
cannot be written).

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch