[Dovecot] dovecot doesnt see any emails

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Apr 8 07:57:10 EEST 2009

Firstly, missed most of this thread, the archives did not show anything
specific so hewre goes...

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 14:15, alexus wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:41 PM, alexus <alexus at gmail.com> wrote:

> i tried like this
>
> mail_location = maildir:`~vpopmail/bin/vuserinfo -d %u`/Maildir/
>
> but that didn't work...

Sometime ago when we were using qmail ( leaving to postfix was the best
thing we did and should have done it many many years earlier) I posted
to the vpopmail list a working dovecot.conf file for soemone... (note we
use port 193 below in imap because (and maybe you should consider it as
well) we use imapproxy  (http://www.imapproxy.org)

protocols = pop3 imap
listen = *
disable_plaintext_auth = no
shutdown_clients = yes
syslog_facility = local7
ssl_disable = yes

login_dir = /var/run/dovecot/login
#login_max_connections = 256
login_greeting = Ok techno weenie, who r ya?
default_mail_env = maildir:%h/Maildir

first_valid_uid = 89
first_valid_gid =
89

protocol imap {
  listen = *:193
  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
  imap_client_workarounds = outlook-idle
}

protocol pop3 {
  pop3_uidl_format =  %f         #%08Xu%08Xv
  mail_plugins = quota
}

auth_process_size = 512
auth_cache_size = 512
auth_cache_ttl = 3600

auth default {
  mechanisms = plain

  # vpopmail authentication
  passdb vpopmail {
    #args =
  }

  # vpopmail
  userdb vpopmail {
  }

  user = root
}

dict {
  #quota = mysql:/etc/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
}

plugin {
  quota = maildir
}

..note, as above, we have not used this in sometime now, but it was an
archive of the conf file, so it can be regarded as working config.