[Dovecot] Global Sieve File

Stephan Bosch s.bosch at utwente.nl
Wed Apr 8 19:08:29 EEST 2009

Andrés Yacopino wrote:
> I am testing yet this version of sieve with dovecot  1.2 beta
> I have done in dovecot.conf:
>
> protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s managesieve
> mail_plugins = quota sieve
> sieve_before = /usr/local/etc/sieve/global/.global.dovecot.sieve
>
> more /usr/local/etc/sieve/global/.global.dovecot.sieve:
>
> require "fileinto";
> if exists "X-Spam-Flag" { fileinto "spam"; }
>
> I have found that i need a personal script in the home directory to
> execute this global script, if the user script isn't exists this before
> script is not run.
>
> Personal script:
>
> more .dovecot.sieve:
>
> require "include";
>
> I am planning to use this to filter spam in a global script and deploy
> managed sieve with avelsize plugin with squirrelmail to let users
> configure their vacation messages
>
> I would prefer to have independent global scripts from personal scripts.

Yes, this problem was pointed out before. For now, you can work around
this by setting a sieve_global_path= pointing to a script containing
only 'keep;'. This makes sure the global script is executed, because
then there is a default alternative for the personal script if it is
missing for a particular user.

I'll fix this in the course of this week.

Regards,

Stephan.