[Dovecot] Prohibit removing INBOX

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Apr 8 20:09:37 EEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 13:35 +0200, floss at pbartels.info wrote:

> The documentation says:
> > If a mailbox has both global and per-mailbox ACL file, both of them
> > are read and the ACLs are merged. If there are any conflicts:
> > * v1.0 and v1.1: The per-mailbox ACL file overrides global ACL file.
>
> As far I can see it the documentation says nothing about merging ACLs
> of subdirs. But it seems the given behavior is not wanted by the
> dovecot design, because it seems it should be possible to override
> ACLs for subdirs, also give more permissions than the upper dirs.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this, but there isn't really any
concept of subdirs or upper dirs, or any kind of recursively applied
ACLs. The only exception i the +k (create) right, which specifies if
mailboxes can be created directly under that mailbox.

So if you have for example mailboxes box1 and box1/box2, their ACLs
aren't merged in any way in any situation.