[Dovecot] deliver vs lda

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu Apr 9 01:29:00 EEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 08:05, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Another thing I was thinking about previously was that in process lists
> they were prefixed with dovecot/. So the binary names could be lda,
> imap-login, etc. but they'd show up in process lists as dovecot/lda,
> dovecot/imap-login, etc.

seems like more work for no reason, just call the binary dovecot-lda
etc, makes it easier if you get someone not familiar with dovecot trying
to locate it, having a temper tantrum with dovecot-lda showing up but
unable to locate that binary :)

It seems most the consensus is with option C which makes most sense.