[Dovecot] deliver vs lda

Fri Apr 10 14:40:15 EEST 2009

On 4/9/2009, Timo Sirainen (tss at iki.fi) wrote:
> Yeah. That's because all logging is done via master process, which
> logs only to one log (and one info log). deliver however doesn't log
> via master, because it's executed independently.

Hmmm...

Reading the Logging page on the wiki, it mentions if you don't want to
use your system syslogger, you can specify different log paths...

Would it be possible to do both? For example, if I'm troubleshooting a
particular problem, I might like to temporarily dump all warn and err
messages from dovecot to separate files - but I'd still like these to go
to my main syslogger too...

Is this possible? Or would I have to find a way to do this with syslog-ng?

Thanks,

--

Best regards,

Charles