[Dovecot] Postfix, Dovecot SASL and Entourage smtps authentication fails.

Mart Pirita mart at e-positive.ee
Fri Apr 17 09:26:50 EEST 2009

Tere.
> On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 21:39 +0300, Mart Pirita wrote:
>
>> 250-AUTH PLAIN
>> 250-AUTH=PLAIN
>>

> You're missing LOGIN here, which is required by some MS clients
> (although I thought Outlook belonged to that category too).

Yes, I noticed that too, as same test with cyrus-sasl shows:

250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN

But I have enabled login in dovecot.conf:

# Postfix - suggested configuration taken from SASL_README
(2.3.2).
    mechanisms = plain
login

  socket listen
{

    client
{

      path =
/var/spool/postfix/private/auth

      mode =
0660

      user =
postfix

      group =
postfix

}

  }

So something is still broken, but what? How can I make Doveco SASL
advertise auth login too?

--
Mart