[Dovecot] v1.1.14 and v1.2.rc3 released

Peter Eriksson peter at ifm.liu.se
Fri Apr 17 10:18:31 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/dovecot-1.1.14.tar.gz
> http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/dovecot-1.1.14.tar.gz.sig

Here's a short status table when testing 1.1.14 on a Sun Fire X4240
(AMD, Solaris 10 Update 6 x86):

Compiler                                     Options             Status
Sun Studio Express 2009.03       -g -fast -m64     Compiles OK, Fails
when running [1]
Sun Studio Express 2009.03       -g -O -m64       OK

Sun Studio 12                             -g -fast -m64     Compiles OK,
Fails when running [1]
Sun Studio 12                             -g -O-m64        OK

[1]  Error:
            file istream.c: line 91: assertion failed: (stream->eof)
Example:
# telnet localhost imap
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Welcome to the IFM Dovecot Server.
0 login testson seeecret
0 OK Logged in.
* BYE Server shutting down.

A wild guess is that this is the same 'aliasing' problem/bug with the
Sun Studio
compilers that I saw with -fast vs -O when compiling Dovecot 1.1.3 some
time ago... Perhaps one should add some kind of warning in the configure
script
and/or the README or INSTALL files about this issue.

I see the same behaviour with Dovecot 1.2.rc3 for what it's worth.

- Peter