[Dovecot] bad maildir location

denis denlistes at altern.org
Fri Apr 17 11:09:15 EEST 2009

Hi,

I use dovecot 1.0.15 on Debian Lenny.

In my /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf, i use user_query = SELECT path, 33 AS uid, uid AS gid FROM mail_users WHERE alias = '%u'

The result is something like this /var/alternc/mail/d/denis_collectifs.net and is the correct location (the Maildir is created by an script)

But the problem is that dovecot creates (when you log in for the first time) a directory in the form of the exact address. Here for example,
/var/alternc/mail/d/denis at collectifs.net

And so all connections will be on an empty location.

How is it possible to resolve this?

As mail_location I have this "maildir:/var/alternc/mail/%1u/%u/Maildir" which is not really correct.

Thanks
Denis

PS: For now, I temporarily symlinks
/var/alternc/mail/d/denis at collectifs.net
/var/alternc/mail/d/denis_collectifs.net