[Dovecot] Shared folders and subscriptions

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Apr 18 00:43:01 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 23:38 +0200, Markus Werner wrote:
> > Preferably you should also be using subscriptions=no so you wouldn't
> > have to specify CONTROL at all, but for that you'd need to have a
> > namespace with prefix="".
>
> Would an additional namespace, for subscriptions only, work? I would
> like to keep all subfolders of an Mailbox under INBOX/ .

It would be possible to do both. The INBOX/ could be set up as a hidden
namespace and the "" namespace would be the default one. Or is there a
reason why you wouldn't want "" namespace to show up anything?

Or you could also see if you could create a private namespace with
prefix="#User/" and subscriptions=yes, perhaps with
location=maildir:/var/lib/dovecot/empty:CONTROL=~/Maildir/shared where
the empty directory would be a world-readable non-writable empty
directory. That namespace should then catch subscriptions to shared
mailboxes.