[Dovecot] Sieve "redirect"

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat Apr 18 10:16:52 EEST 2009

James Butler schreef:
>> Is there an alternative to the "redirect" Sieve capability?
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> if header :contains "Subject" "Listserv" {
>>   redirect "list-user1 at example.com";
>>   redirect "list-user2 at example.com";
>>   redirect "list-user3 at example.com";
>>   stop;
>> }
>>
>> How can I do the above without using "redirect"?
>>
>> Unfortunately, "redirect" seems to be unsupported by Dovecot.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> James
>>

> Here's why I posted this:
>
> sievec global.before.sieve global.before.svbin
> line 7: error: unsupported sieve capability 'redirect'.
> error: validation failed.
> Error: failed to compile sieve script 'global.before.sieve'
Ok, this error needs some clarification, since I, being the developer,
did not quite anticipate users 'require'ing Sieve core commands. :) The
redirect command is part of the main Sieve language and therefore it is
not known as a Sieve extension. This means that you can start using the
redirect command right away, but also that 'require'ing it causes an
error. So don't use 'require "redirect";' in this case.

I am going to clarify these errors, so that user's know right away what
they are doing wrong.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch