[Dovecot] Feature Request: Control over IMP IDLE 'OK Still Here' message timings

Stian Jordet liste+dovecot at jordet.net
Sat Apr 18 15:32:26 EEST 2009

Robert Goldsmith skrev:

[...]

> Therefore, can you please make the timeout changeable from the config
> file, even if it defaults to the current 2min timing, so admins
> supporting mobile users can balance battery life with a need to
> prevent killed tcp connections.

I'm amazed how you figured this out. I just thought my phone used more
battery when connected to IMAP, I never thought it had anything to do
with the "OK Still Here" messages (altough I knew they existed).

Thanks for letting us all know, and thanks to Timo for accepting
Robert's patch!

Regards,
Stian