[Dovecot] Dovecot -> Gmail (via POP Mail Fetcher)

Neil kngspook at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:51:53 EEST 2009

imapsync is failing for me, with very odd errors; mostly "failure to append
message to folder", or some such...  And unlike most of the failures with
imapsync, it didn't just error out (and give me the message with "N messages
failed."), it just flat out crashes (it's outputting as if it's running, and
then suddenly drops me back to a prompt).
I kind of gave up on it for Gmail; but if you want to take a look at the
errors, I'd be happy to toss you the log.

I also tried offlineimap, but that kept trying to read from Gmail and write
local; I couldn't get it to start going the other direction.

And thus I've arrived to here...using the POP Mail Fetcher...