[Dovecot] overnight clients causing lockfiles to be converted to root-owned messages on debian lenny

Brett Dikeman brett.dikeman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 00:12:21 EEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Charles Marcus
<CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:
> On 4/22/2009, Brett Dikeman (brett.dikeman at gmail.com) wrote:
>> The lock files are one possible problem, but it is a HUGE problem that
>> Dovecot is converting them into root-owned zero-length emails!
>
> Do you have proof that it is dovecot doing this?

I don't know if dovecot is creating the lock files, but it certainly
appears from the logs (provided in my original email) that Dovecot is
renaming them when the users go to log in.

Further checking- the affected messages are not the result of some
contention between procmail and dovecot; one of the affected messages
came in at 11AM the day before the lockfile was renamed.

Brett