[Dovecot] overnight clients causing lockfiles to be converted to root-owned messages on debian lenny

Brett Dikeman brett.dikeman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 06:16:00 EEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Daniel L. Miller <dmiller at amfes.com> wrote:

> How is /var/spool/mail mounted (local disk or network)?  What filesystem is
> it using?

Please read my original message.

We're in the process of eliminating our backup software (Networker.)
The directives were changed around the same timeframe as the problem
started.  A test was semi-inconclusive (a lockfile appeared, but was
gone before the backup finished.)  Timo may have been right.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!  I'll report back soon,
hopefully with positive news.

Brett