[Dovecot] Quota: ldap dict

Marcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Fri Apr 24 14:46:51 EEST 2009

Hi,

I have set a dovecot-1:1.0.10-1ubuntu5.1 server on top of a Ubuntu 8.04
LTS box and everything goes fine. All my users are on a LDAP database
integrated via nss_ldap, so from the dovecot point of view they are all
local system users. Now I want to set maildir quota for everybody, and
was wondering if I could store quota limits per user on LDAP.

As I read on http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/Dict, there seem to be no way
to do that, am I right? It is ok for me to manage the current usage on
Maildir++, but would like to retrieve the quota information from the
LDAP server.

What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance for any hint or rtfm.

Best regards.

--
Marcio Merlone