[Dovecot] Log File per Domain

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 27 18:02:08 EEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 15:33 -0300, Darvin Denmian wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> i need to know if is possible to create a log file per domain, like:
> /home/vmail/%d/maillog
> i'm thinking use : log_path = /home/vmail/%d/maillog , this will work?

No. Not possible currently, unless you run each domain in a separate
Dovecot installation. I'm also not really sure how it should work,
because for example when logging in Dovecot doesn't yet know the domain.
So the log file would also have to change once the username is known.

I'm thinking about making Dovecot v2.0's logging support something like
this though. Or at least the ability to have its log process replaced
with a more featureful log process that could do this.