[Dovecot] Unexplainable problem with POP3 quotas

Marco Marongiu brontolinux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 18:36:36 EEST 2009

Hi

Forgot to say: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/1.1 also says:

>>> Note that the warning is ONLY executed at the exact time when the limit is being crossed, so when you're testing it you have to do it by crossing the limit by saving a new mail.

and, of course, that's the way we test it:

* get the size of the Maildir from the "Disconnected"
* add some bytes (e.g.: 3000) to the aforementioned size and divide
that number by 0.8
* set this number as quota. Now we are under the 80% warning limit.
* send a message slightly smaller than the number of bytes added at
step 2 (e.g., 2000); we are still under the 80% limit
* log in via POP to make dovecot update maildirsize
* log out, send another message to cross the 80% quota limit
* log in again via POP and log out. Dovecot updates maildirsize and
should notice we have passed the limit

It should, but it doesn't, and the quota-warning.sh script is not
executed, and no warning messages are injected into the maildir.

Any clues?

Ciao and thanks
--Marco