[Dovecot] Unexplainable problem with POP3 quotas

Anton Dollmaier antondollmaier at aditsystems.de
Thu Apr 30 19:23:05 EEST 2009

> No, we don't. We use dovecot as POP/IMAP server, and let Postfix do the rest.

How does Postfix deliver the mails? mailbox_command should be set to use
deliver, not maildrop/procmail.

> I see, but it seems like it is *another* solution rather than a
> constraint.

I just tested the quota-warning, with the dovecot-deliver-example.

Exactly the same time as the mail exceeding the quota-percentage is
delievered in the account, the quota-warning-message is generated and
also delivered.

> Anyway, we are neither sending an email nor using deliver. What we are
> trying to do is to generate a message file that is injected into the
> mailbox. But the script that should do that is never run by dovecot
> :-(

Try the injection using deliver, and use the "alternative script" from
the wiki-page as quota_warning.

I just tested it, works great.

Also: when using dovecot-deliver, the maildir-indizes are being
generated better and faster than with alternative MDAs.

Best regards,
Anton