[Dovecot] where are variables expanded? Was: %d does not expand to domain

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Apr 30 19:31:25 EEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 22:21 +0200, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> I am trying to patch the source so that the %d expansion variable uses
> original_username (instead of user I suppose) of auth_request, but I
> cannot find where this expansion is done..
> Pointers?

Well, the problem is .. %d expansion is done from the whole username.
And its life starts in dovecot-auth, but most of the expansions outside
auth settings is done by master process. So you'd probably have to make
dovecot-auth change the username back to original_username after
authentication is finished.

What passdb are you using anyway? Maybe this could be done more easily.