[Dovecot] Deliver LDA versus vdelivermail

Wouter van der Schagt wouter at vdschagt.com
Wed Aug 5 17:35:06 EEST 2009

Good morning all,

I have a question. Due to my interest in the Sieve plug-in. I'm considering to change the LDA on my production servers from 'vdelivermail' from vpopmail to 'deliver' from Dovecot. However I'm not sure how to go about doing this or whether there are any conversion issues that I should be aware of.

Currently my /var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery is set to "./Maildir/".

I am assuming I have to set that to: "|/var/qmail/bin/preline -f /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $EXT@$USER"

Does it also mean I have to recreate all .qmail and .qmail-default files?

Am I missing anything else? Does anybody have any experience in changing LDA on production servers?

Sincerely,
- Wouter van der Schagt