[Dovecot] hoping someone has a suggestion

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 7 23:15:37 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 10:03 -0400, P.A wrote:
> My  question is what do you guys think is happening here, what is the
> relationship between dovecot/postfix that would cause this to happen. I'm
> just looking for some suggestions in case this happens again.

Does Postfix use Dovecot for SMTP AUTH? That's the only connection
between them..

> login_processes_count: 55
>
> login_max_processes_count: 450

You could instead try:

login_process_per_connection = yes
login_processes_count = 2 # or the number of CPUs on your system
login_max_connections = 512 # or whatever you need for your max. load

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LoginProcess explains these things.