[Dovecot] convert config from 1.1.2_1 to 1.1.16

Ebbe Hjorth ebbe.hjorth at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 12:30:16 EEST 2009

Hi,

Im tryin to follow a guide, telling me howto setup freebsd with postfix and
dovecot.

The text in bold (first section), is what the guide says, and the text that
follows is what the /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf files says.

Can you please help me on how to convert from the 1.1.2_1 setup to the
correct configuration for the 1.1.16?

/ Thank you very much.

*socket listen {
    client {
      path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
      mode = 0660
      user = postfix
      group = postfix
    }
  }
*
  socket listen {
    master {
      # Master socket provides access to userdb information. It's typically
      # used to give Dovecot's local delivery agent access to userdb so it
      # can find mailbox locations.
      path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
      mode = 0600
      # Default user/group is the one who started dovecot-auth (root)
      #user =
      #group =
    }
    client {
      # The client socket is generally safe to export to everyone. Typical
use
      # is to export it to your SMTP server so it can do SMTP AUTH lookups
      # using it.
      path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
      mode = 0660
    }