[Dovecot] v1.2.3 released

Nikolai Bochev n.bochev at grandstarco.com
Sat Aug 8 15:09:09 EEST 2009

Hello,

As being a long time user of dovecot for my mail servers, i thought i'd
contribute a little something - Dovecot Ubuntu PPA packages :

https://launchpad.net/~n-bochev/+archive/ppa

The packages are taken straight from Stephan Bosch's debian repository.
For now the process of downloading and uploading the sources to the
Ubuntu ppa is handled by me, but i am writing a script to do it
automaticly each time there is a new version out. There's nothing
changed in the sources apart from adding a changelog entry about
uploading the package to the PPA, thus the whole credit goes to Timo and
Stephan.

The main reason behind this is i got tired of compiling the package on
amd64 arch's everytime and since i mostly use amd64 and Ubuntu on my
servers i figured it would make my life easier. Currently only Jaunty
builds are provided, but if there is interest i will backport to
Intrepid/Hardy.

I hope those packages make life easier for someone, and thanks Timo for
this great piece of software :)