[Dovecot] convert config from 1.1.2_1 to 1.1.16

Sat Aug 8 16:30:49 EEST 2009

On 8/8/2009, Ebbe Hjorth (ebbe.hjorth at gmail.com) wrote:
> That might be so, but im totally new to dovecot, so while im learning its
> nice to have a guide to follow. And i have read a lot on the wiki, and it
> gives me a million options, but it doesnt tell me what or which to use or
> need, so thats why im on the guide.

That may be so, but %RandmonGuide% on the internet is notorious for
having missing/wrong information in it, causing you all kinds of
problems you wouldn't have had had you simply used the official
documentation.

Start with one of the HowTo's/Examples/Tutorials on the official site
that most closely fits your desired install, get your system up and
running, work through any problems that you can using the official docs,
then come here and ask specific questions for any problems you can't
seem to get past. The help here is the best I've seen on any open source
project, so you won't have any problem finding correct answers/solutions.

Also, you would be well advised to start with the latest stable release
(currently 1.2.3), and always provide essential info, like config
details (dovecot -n output), full logs exhibiting problem, etc...

--

Best regards,

Charles