[Dovecot] Released Sieve v0.1.11 and ManageSieve v0.11.8 for Dovecot v1.2.3

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 09:07:15 EEST 2009

> Hello Dovecot users,

Hi,

> Apart from unfinished development of the date extension, this is a set
> of bug-fix releases. A few portability issues were found, a few
> stupidities were fixed and the ManageSieve proxy now also works with
> TLS. Most notably, the include extension had an issue regarding  the
> expansion of $HOME in the personal include path.
>
> I've built a project site at: http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org
>
> Changelog Sieve v0.1.11:
>
>      + Built skeleton implementation for the date extension (RFC5260).
>        It compiles, but it does not do anything useful yet. Therefore, it
>        is not part of the default compilation.
>      - Fixed ARM portability issues caused by char type not being signed
>        on that platform. Reading optional operands from a binary would
>        fail for action side effects. Also, an accidental mixup of an int
>        return type with bool caused the interpreter to continue on ARM
>        even though an error occured.
>      - Removed direct stdint.h includes to prevent portability issues.
>      - Fixed segfault bug in the handling of script open failures.
>      - Include: improved user error messages and system log messages.
>      - Fixed copy-paste mixup between sieve_after and sieve_before
>        settings in the LDA Sieve plugin. If only a sieve_after script was
>        active, nothing would have been executed. Patch by Mike Abbott.
>      - Include: fixed a bug in HOME substitution in the sieve_dir path.
>        Surfaced in ManageSieve.

> Have fun testing the new releases and don't hesitate to notify me when
> there are problems.

build process for Sieve fails when --with-unfinished-features option is set:
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/mihl/myroot/job/cvsf/dovecot/devel/dovecot-1.2.3/dovecot-1.2-
sieve-0.1.11'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `doc/man/sieve-filter.1', needed by `all-
am'.  Stop.

without this it works.

Regards,
Michal Hlavinka