[Dovecot] Listing shared mailboxes with a domainpart

Mathias Tausig mathias.tausig at a-cert.at
Mon Aug 10 11:03:39 EEST 2009

Hy!

Am Freitag, den 07.08.2009, 14:13 -0400 schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 13:29 +0200, Mathias Tausig wrote:
> > I am currently configuring a new mailserver using postfix and dovecot
> > 1.2.1. The filesystem strucutre in my spool directory is
> > user1/
> > user2/
> > domain/info/
> > domain/office/
> >
> > I configured a shared namespace:
> >
> > namespace shared {
> >         separator = /
> >         prefix = shared/%%d/%%n/
> >         location = maildir:/var/spool/vmaildir/%%d/%%n/
>
> I don't think you should use a shared namespace for this. You just want
> everything in domain/ to be shared to users in that domain?

Not neccesarily everything. I want to be able to share info at domain to
user1 and office at domain to user2.

>  Do you have multiple domains?

Yes.

>  Do user1 and user2 contain @domain?

No. They can receive mails under various domains which are aggregated
into one domainless account.

> [...]
>
> If that doesn't do what you want, explain more clearly what you need.

I hope I was able to clarify my (desired) setup now.
Thanks for trying to help me.

cheers
Mathias