[Dovecot] getmail and Dovecot LDA deliver

spacejam tobster at tobisworld.homeip.net
Mon Aug 10 13:09:47 EEST 2009

Robert Schetterer wrote:

> spacejam schrieb:
>>

>> Robert Schetterer wrote:
>>> just as an idea
>>> it may work using postfix sendmail
>>>
>>> [destination]
>>>
>>> type = MDA_external
>>>
>>> path = /path/to/sendmail ( parameters )
>>>
>>> then postfix may start deliver
>>>
>> Didn't thought about this way. Sounds like it could work as deliver works
>> properly with Postfix. I will try this today after working.
>> Thanks for the idea
>>
>> tobi
>
> no problem, but i think
> getmail should place emails without running
> external mta to in virtual users maildirs
> there may be problems with permissions and home paths for virtuals users
> but getmail setup should be enough flexi to manage this
>
> perhaps you read again
> http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/configuration.html#destination-maildir
> http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/getmailrc-examples
> and ask on their list
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> MfG Robert Schetterer
>
> Germany/Munich/Bavaria

Yes as a workaround I let getmail sent the emails directly to the virtual
mailbox (with destination type Maildir). The negative thing about this
solution is that I want to use dovecot-sieve which is not working on emails
directly sent to mailbox. As far as I understood doevecot-sieve, dovecot
deliver has to be invoked in order to work with the sieve

Regards

tobi