[Dovecot] Mail archive

fernando at dfcom.com.br fernando at dfcom.com.br
Mon Aug 10 18:05:41 EEST 2009

I would like 'some process' to store old mails at a cheap storage.

I know how to do it with symlinks, but I don´t know if it is the best
option. So, I´m asking if dovecot improves it somehow.

Fernando

fernando at dfcom.com.br schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I´m using dovecot at our storages, accounts is distributed among many
> storages (not entire domain), all of them with compression (when message >
> 30Kb), nightly crontab script.
>
> Even though compression and many storages, we always have problems with
> disk space and need to migrate accounts.
>
> Have you ever implemented any archive solution working with dovecot ?
>
> Regards,
> Fernando

you might give more info what kind of "archive" you exactly mean

meanwhile study

http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/ReadOnlyArchive
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Zlib

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire