[Dovecot] getmail and Dovecot LDA deliver

spacejam tobster at tobisworld.homeip.net
Mon Aug 10 19:55:57 EEST 2009

Robert Schetterer wrote:

> just as an idea
> it may work using postfix sendmail
>
> [destination]
>
> type = MDA_external
>
> path = /path/to/sendmail ( parameters )

That was the idea. First I tried to use getmail_fetch which allows to
specify a virtual username on the command line. It received the emails and
put them into the virtual users Maildir. But with getmail_fetch I could not
see to integrate the email received into Spamassassins scannig process.
So the idea with sendmail was just the one which works as wished. So my rc
File (dest part) looks like that
<<
[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/syno/mailstation/sbin/sendmail
arguments = ("vuser at virtual-domain.tld",)

I know that I should update the dovecot as well but my system is a NAS
system. And as I use this system for my email accounts I don't want to risk
to update the dovecot. But next week I will receive a second NAS server
which I will use for backups. But before I will try to install an up-to-date
Dovecot-Version and see if everything works fine with the firmware from the
manufactor.

Best regards

tobi